Monday, 28 June 2010

Grooming!

Have made amazing progress with Bailey's grooming this morning!  Can't believe how well it went.  Had bought a DVD on Westie grooming and watched it over the weekend.  Decided I will use thinning scissors on Bailey, as any mistakes don't show quite so much.

I made sure he had a good run over the woods first, so he would be a bit tired.

He had been SO hot over the weekend, so it seemed the ideal time to tackle his long, thick coat.  Put him on the table and he let me thin out all the hair round his neck.  This had been especially long and created a problem when we tried to put his collar on.  I then worked my way down his back and he even let me trim the tops of his legs.  He wasn't so happy about me doing his feet & he definitely wouldn't let me touch his rear end & tail.  Would be good to give them both a good trim.

I then put him out in the garden while I put little Skye up on the table and gave her a good brushing all over.  I checked her ears, toes & tail, so another success.

Then I put Bailey back up on the table and trimmed round his ears.  He was very good, but I wasn't, they look a bit chewed & uneven.  Will try to tidy them up tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment