Today Skye is 8 weeks old.
Bailey is overdue at the groomers. Not sure what to do this time. When we got him he was 2 years old and had never been to the groomers or the vets. The Dog's Trust would only let him come home to us if we agreed to have him castrated, so they did it for us. They also had him immunised. We took him to 2 different groomers before we found one that could cope with him. He was absolutely petrified. He would start out acting a bit suspicious, but as it progressed he would start kicking & biting out of sheer terror. We eventually found a lovely lady who managed to clip quite a bit off him, but it was still very untidy - not a Westie cut - but at least an improvement.
Over this time I tried medication for him. The vet prescribed something, can't remember it's name, but it frightened me when I used it. Within minutes he started breathing strangely through his nose, I really thought he might die. So, next time I asked the vet for Zylkene, as I'd heard it was gentler. I gave it to him a couple of days before he was due to visit the groomers and we were never sure whether it was doing any good, but at least we managed to get him groomed. The last time he went, I had just about run out of the Zylkene, but I took him anyway. She said that he had been difficult to groom, so I an only think that it had been working. Must get some more!
No comments:
Post a Comment